Ingredients serves 2-3
500g lean mince meat
2 tbsp dried mint
1 small brown onion finely diced
salt/ground black pepper to season
1 tsp mixed spices
¼ tspn ground cinnamon
can of diced tomato
olive oil for cooking
Optional >> thin slices of 1-2 potatoes to top before baking
- Preheat the oven to 180In a deep oven tray mix the mince, herbs, spices, seasoning well, and press it into the tray covering the entire base of the tray evenly, top
with optional potato.
- In a small pot from cold, add in onion, garlic & onion and then on medium heat fry till the onion is translucent, add a pinch of salt.
- Add in the can of tomato & 1 tbsp of dried mint and a little water to
loosen the mixture about ¼ cup, then mix well.
- Once the tomato mixture is ready pour all over the mince to cover
and bake in a 180 oven for 20-30 mins. Check at 15 mins, every oven
- Once cooked squeeze over the lemon juice!