The pressure cooker, is there anything more genius?! Ok yes the slow cooker but each at opposite ends of the spectrum of process, one takes 4-8hr to cook something and the other can take 4-8 mins!! No really…
Here’s one of my absolute favs, this is called Bazella and it’s a Middle Eastern Stew, pea stew, it’s phenomenal in flavour in how long it lasts in the fridge and so so easy to make.
My mum will kill me for releasing the recipe! But here it is.
- 500g of diced beef or veal
- can of chopped tomato
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 6 carrots sliced into discs
- 1 bag of frozen peas 1kg
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 pinches of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 bunch of chopped coriander
- 2 pinch of ground coriander or dried coriander leaves
- salt for seasoning
- ground black pepper for seasoning
- squeeze of lemon at the end
- 1-2 cloves of crushed garlic
- In the pressure cooker and some Olive Oil fry the onion and carrots till they have some light colour
- Add in the meat and fry till a little golden
- add in the peas and stir well
- Add in all seasoning and spices, tomato can, paste and 2 cans of water
- cover and depending on your pressure cooker bring it to pressure stage then allow it to cook at a slow hiss for 8-12 mins, with mine i go to 10-12 mins.
- Once cooked squeeze in the lemon and test for seasoning
- Remember to be careful when releasing the steam once time is up
- Serve with steamed rice
This will keep up to 4 days.