MANAR EATS MIDDLE EASTERN MEATLOAF
Ingredients – serves 2-3
- 500g lean mince meat
- 2 tbsp dried mint
- 1 small brown onion finely diced
- salt to season
- ground black pepper to season
- 1 tsp mixed spices
- ¼ tspn ground cinnamon
- can of diced tomato
- olive oil for cooking
- ½ lemon
- Optional >> thin slice of potato
- Preheat the oven to 180
- In a deep oven tray mix the mince, herbs, spices, seasoning well, once mixed press it into the tray so it covers the entire base of the tray evenly, top with optional potato.
- In a small pot from cold, add in onion, garlic & onion and then on medium heat fry till the onion is translucent, add a pinch of salt.
- Add in the can of tomato & 1 tbsp of dried mint and a little water to loosen the mixture about ¼ cup, then mix well.
- Once the tomato mixture is ready pour all over the mince to cover and bake in a 180 oven for 20-30 mins.
- Check after 15 mins whether you need a little more time, every oven is different.
- Once cooked pull out of the oven and squeeze over the lemon juice! #enjoy