MeatBalls, let’s face it, what’s not to love about these tasty BALLS!! This childhood fav is great served over veges or with rice is my pick!
(this is what I used in the pic- adjust quantity to what you need)
- 500g Lean Beef Mince
- handful chopped fresh basil (you’ll need to leave some back for the sauce)
- handful chopped fresh oregano
- ½ to 1 whole punnet cherry tomato cut in half OPTIONAL
- 1 small brown onion diced
- drop of red wine OPTIONAL
- 1 cup of water
- olive oil
- salt/pepper to season
- In a bowl mix the mince, herbs, some salt and pepper to your taste I put 1 tspn salt and ½ tspn pepper
- Once mixed wet your hands and form into balls, just a touch smaller than a golf ball.
- In a fry pan add in olive oil about a tbsp, over a medium to high heat begin to brown the meatballs, once they are browned remove to a plate
- In the same frying pan, in a little olive oil, over medium heat fry the onions a little till they become translucent, add a sprinkle of salt and add in the tomatoes, mix well
- After 2 mins add in water & wine, salt/pepper to season, and let it come to a boil.
- Once it is boiling lower the heat right down, return the meatballs to the pan and cook for 5 mins.
- Just before serving add in the last of the basil and #EAT!