Greek Baked Garlic & Lemon Chicken w Potatoes
This one tray wonder is super easy to put together and even easier to clean up, as it only requires one tray. Classic Greek ingredients are simple, but pack big flavours.
As for the recipe card below, I’ve copied it here this way as I submitted this when I went for a job with Hello Fresh a while back and figure why reinvent it – hopefully it’s easy to follow!
Cooking time 45mins or however well your oven cooks things.
|2 people||4 people||Ingredient|
|300g||600g||Potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges|
|3||6||Cloves of Garlic, peeled and crushed|
|2 tbs||4tbs||Dried Oregano|
|2||4||Fillets of chicken|
|Mixed Salad Leaves|
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- In a baking tray, combine the potato, half of the garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper to season. Drizzle with olive oil (about 2 tbs) and mix the ingredients until well coated.
- Lay the potatoes flat and cook in oven for 20 mins at 200C.
- After 20 mins, remove the tray from the oven and lay the chicken on top of the potatoes. Top the chicken with the remaining garlic, season with salt and pepper and drizzle each fillet with a little olive oil (about ½ tbs each).
- Sprinkle the dried oregano all over the chicken and potatoes and place back into the oven for another 20-25 min, until cooked through.
- Serve with mixed leaf salad.